June 20, 2013

Bike Ride Necklace in Bead Style Magazine

While I was at the Bead & Button Show, one of the editors of Bead Style Magazine surprised me in my booth with the return of my Bike Ride necklace and a copy of the newest issue of the magazine, which features it in the gallery.  I had honestly forgotten about it, so it was a very welcome surprise!

This necklace uses my Bicycle pendant, which comes in several colors, and a few of my Wheelie Links, along with some very cool bottlecap beads from Trinket Foundry.  I designed this necklace to remind me of riding my bike with my friends over the summers when I was a kid.  We would often bike up to the corner store and get candy and New York Seltzers (do they still make those? I remember they were so good!) The bright colors remind me of my youth and the layers of gears and hardware give the necklace a bit more of a grown up feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment