June 12, 2013

Bead & Button Show

 
 I know I have been very quiet here on the blog for months now, but I wanted to post to reflect a little bit on my return from the annual craziness that is the Bead & Button Show.  I had a booth again this year and traveled with my bead buddy Diane Hawkey, as I have for a few years now.  For the last few years this show has become harder and harder on me, and Diane has always been so helpful in getting my spirits up and helping me through it.  She is such a great friend and artist.  But I finally made good on the threat I have been making that this is my last year doing the show.  It's just too hard and my heart is not in it the way it used to be. It's a super fun show, don't get me wrong... I am looking forward to ATTENDING and shopping, maybe even next year.  That will be a very different experience than vending at it, so I look forward to that.

The show was good for helping me clear out a lot of beads and pendants that I have discontinued.  It also helped me focus on what I need to keep as part of my bead sales lineup and how to continue with both my bead business and my jewelry business.  My plan continues to be to reduce the amount of beads that I stock on my retail site, vend at fewer bead shows (my plan is to just do my local Bead Bonanza shows right now), and focus more on wholesale to stores and trunk shows.

For all of you who I saw at the show and who shopped with me or dropped by to show your support and give me compliments... Thank You!  I really appreciate it.  I will try to keep up with the blog more and not be such a stranger.  I am newly inspired now!  yay!


1 comment:

  1. It was so very good to see you. I didn't get nearly enough of your beads. I think that it hasn't hit me yet that I won't be seeing you! But I do hope that you will be making good on your threat to come and shop. That is my favorite part ;-) I know that what you are doing will be right for your path and it will be a success. Best wishes to you, Miss Melanie! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete