February 3, 2013

New Work at Yellow Door Art Market

 Wow, it's been a really long time since I blogged! I guess the holidays took over my life and then I needed a month to recover.  But here we are in early February and I am working on lots of changes in my art and career!  My goal has been to focus more on my finished jewelry line and working with galleries and wholesaling.  I am making lots of progress there, starting at the local level.

Just a few days ago, I set up at the awesome art market Yellow Door in Berkley, MI.  I have loved this gallery, and it's sister stores Catching Fireflies, for many years and am very proud to be a part of it now.  I signed up for an endcap space and got some new displays.  My theme is rusty colors and gears with a little bit of filigree elegance.  I think it pulls together the variety of jewelry items that I have on display.  Yellow Door was the push I needed to change directions from my jewelry component business and start to plan for more galleries, so I am excited to get to work now!  Hopefully I can stay motivated and begin blogging again... we'll see!
 Yellow Door Art Market


Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

1 comment:

  1. Yea! So great to see you again Miss Melanie! I love your displays, so I have no doubt that these are great. I think that you have such a distinct style that others will want to wear! Happy for you! Thanks for sharing. Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete