September 30, 2012

Studio Tour Sunday

This week I spent some time writing down my goals and desires for my business. I have so many things going on that sometimes I get overwhelmed with all that I want to do.  That leaves me spinning my wheels and not actually getting things done. And there is the perpetual problem I have of not having enough creative time. So I needed some organization.  I wrote down the goals and the things I NEED to do and I broke that down into tasks which I broke down into days of the week.  I think I have a plan of attack now, one that gives me some creative time.  I find that in many aspects of my life, I really need structure to be able to function, as things start to feel too chaotic if I don't have some kind of structure and schedule to hold myself to.  This is partially from being self employed, and partially my personality.  I am feeling optimistic now, though, so this is good!

One of the things I really need to do more is to spend more time reconnecting with my website, etsy, blog, and social media.  So I have scheduled a little bit of specific computer time for being all social and stuff on these here internets!  One of the things I thought would be fun is to set up my Instagram to post to Facebook, in particular so I can show off all the fun creations that my customers at Rust Belt maket.  If you think that's a fun idea and want to keep up with me, friend me on Instagram (I am earthenwood there) or you can always like my Facebook business page, where I will be posting more often soon.
 
Here's what some of my fellow beady friends have going on in their studios this week:
A Bead A Day
Need a bead or finding at midnight? You might find what you need in a pinch at a 24 hour superstore! 
About.com Jewelry Making
There is still plenty of time to make some Halloween jewelry.  
Art Bead Scene
Heather shares some tips of the trade for jewelry designers who are interested in wholesaling. 
Beading Arts
Cyndi believes that you can never have too many ideas for how to use your lampwork beads...  
Earthenwood Studio Chronicles
Melanie shows the results of the liquid clay slip application experiments she recently made. 
Resin Crafts!
This week Carmi shows you how to glaze a feather with resin!  
Snap out of it, Jean! There's beading to be done!
Bead Soup, the great book by Lori Anderson, has arrived! Enjoy this review about Lori's delicious concoction by jean! 
The Writing and Art of Andrew Thornton
Andrew shares his latest win! Check out "Night of the Shaman" that top honors in Nina Design's most recent design challenge. 


Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment