September 21, 2012

New Jewelry for Art Fair Application

 I applied to a cool, indie, local art fair tonight with some new work.  I have some of the Earthen Alternative styled pieces, which are much more urban, gritty, punky than some of my earlier jewelry, which was more based on nature and elegant filigree. I have been moving in this direction at Rust Belt and it is well received there, so I am hoping it translates to this art fair too.  I did this show two years and had a great time, so I thought I would try again.
Of course, I am not sure how I will manage to be at the fair and at Rust Belt on the same weekend.  But we will figure that out if I am accepted. I am still working on that Melanie clone so I can do ALL the things, but have been less than successful. ;)
I have really simplified my jewelry line designs over the years, letting the clay speak for itself without a lot of distraction. That would seem to be the best approach for me for jewelry, as I don't have a lot of time or energy to do very labor intensive jewelry to sell.  Wish me luck on my application!

Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment