August 5, 2012

Earthen Alternative Graffiti Tags

I wrote a Studio Saturday post yesterday for Art Bead Scene showcasing my newest line of pendants (and soon to be jewelry) that are graffiti inspired.  These have been exciting for me and are a continuation of the more urban and industrial textures that I have interested me for the last few years. I am drawn to not only the textures, but also the colors used in graffiti.  And I am especially inspired by the funky fonts and lettering that comes out of tagging.  So I have chosen a bunch of words to express on miniature brick walls in pendant form.  Some of the words, like "change" shown above, are positive affirmations.  Some of the other words I am working with have a bit more edge to them and are not quite as politically correct.  These are the words that interest me most!  I will write more about my thoughts on this soon, but you can see some of them in my new EarthenAlternative shop now.  Look for the censored bars (to appease Etsy's terms of service) for the more edgy words!

That't the news from my studio.  Here's what's happening with some of my beady blogger friends:
 
A Bead A Day
Love ModPodge? Love jewelry making? Get inspired to turn a jewelry project into a craft project for a little extra fun!
About.com Jewelry Making
Catch up on some of the latest talk over at the About.com Jewelry Making Forum. 
Art Bead Scene
The inspiration for August's Monthly Challenge is a Winslow Homer painting of a watery sea scene 
Beading Arts
August is Metal Clay Month on Beading Arts!! 
Earthenwood Studio Chronicles
Melanie shows off her Bead Soup blog challenge pieces that combine her ceramics with Shaktipaj components. 
Resin Crafts!
A two part series about resin and ink results in a spectacular necklace!


Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

4 comments:

  1. That pendant is amazing! Can't wait to see more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your other post. And I love that earthenware grafitti pendant/tag. I'll have to check out your shop. I'd love to see what you have and what I could do with one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is totally cool! I know that graffiti is a defacement of property but I can't help but be fascinated by it. We have a train yard that runs along the road I drive every day and I am always looking to see the colors and the amazing fonts they get freehand. Graffiti artists are revered in places like France, with their art commanding hefty price tags. I am excited for you and look forward to where this takes you next! Enjoy the day, Miss Melanie! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stuff. Appreciate it. I also listen to positive audio affirmations. works great. Can be downloaded from the site below:
    http://www.totalwellbeingsolutions.com/positive-affirmations-for-success/

    ReplyDelete