July 27, 2012

Bead Soup Preview

I am participating in another round of Bead Soup Blog Party!  Today I am just going to show a sneak peek of what I received as my bead soup ingredients.  I got so many lovely things from Perri Jackson of Shaktipaj Designs.  She made the amazing pendant, clasp, and bead caps (the glass beads are by Java Bead) in the picture above... all out of intricately coiled and woven wire.  I haven't really seen anything quite like them, especially the pendant.  It's absolutely gorgeous!  Perri has an Etsy shop filled with tutorials on making wire wrapped components that are similar to these.  Very cool stuff!
Not only did I get her amazing wire and glass creations, she also sent me some yummy accent beads and findings.  Turquoise, cool iridescent glass, opal colored beads, and copper coiled wire and handmade headpins were all included in the beautifully wrapped package she sent me.

I had a great time making jewelry with these items!  Come back and see what I made in my next post!  Thanks Perri!


Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

1 comment:

  1. Melanie,
    Your bead soup is gorgeous, those focals are amazing. I am excited to see what you and everyone else had made. I will be up early tomorrow to be at the party.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete