June 27, 2012

Treasures from Bead & Button: Glass Garden


I finally got around to photographing my treasures from the Bead & Button Show.  I didn't get a huge amount of stuff, but I like to think I got some of the best of what the show had to offer in the rare moments I had to get out and shop.  I am going to spread these treasures out over the week, to tease you a bit, and to also motivate me to blog more often. :)
 
First up, some cool stuff from Glass Garden Beads.  They always have some of the neatest things in their booth, a mixture of new and old.  And my favorite... old things made new again!  Like the little Tarts shown above, which are hand painted floral components cut from recycled metal like old filing cabinets.  Really fun! I also found a few lovely painted silk ribbons, some old skeleton keys (can't resist keys!) and some cool subway type tokens with fun holes in them, which I think will make a great bracelet with some ribbon.

Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

2 comments:

  1. What interesting things you have found, hope you had a good time!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to see what else your bought.

    ReplyDelete