June 26, 2012

Back in Print


It's been a long time since I advertised in the beading magazines.  I did it very regularly for quite a while there, but that was when I had a little bit of extra money.  Then I started writing projects regularly, for many years, and that seemed to take the place of needing to buy ad space, so I dropped the ads.  And then I got too busy for writing projects, and too budget conscious to run ads, so I have been without regular visibility in the bead trade magazine world for quite some time now.  Time to get back in gear.  I just recently submitted 4 projects and hope to get a couple of them published.  And I created my first ad in many years this afternoon.  I used the image above, showcasing some of my new designs, for a fall magazine issue. Graphic design is not one of my strongest suits, but I have a pretty good eye and I think I do ok with it. I will be excited to see it in print in a few months.

Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment