April 6, 2012

Cherry Bomb


 I have a fairly extensive catalog of items on my website.  There are almost 100 items listed and most of them have a variety of color and design options.  I am sure my inventory guy would be able to tell me exactly how many items I keep in stock, but numbers make me anxious, so let's just say... lots!  Sometimes, one items will start to sell repeatedly over the course of a few weeks.  Sometimes, a designer will get a project published or republished and they will use one of my pieces. I might not even know about it until the magazine hits the shelves and I start selling that one item that is in the project, or start getting inquiries if I don't have it in stock.  This is what happened recently with my cherry charms.  I have been trying to figure out why they are selling so much, other than that they are wicked cute.  It was an unusual trend.  Turns out, they were used in the project below, Cherry Bomb, by Denise Yezbak Moore, in the latest issue of Stringing Magazine.  Mystery solved!  Thanks Denise!


Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

6 comments:

  1. those are great! which store do you have them in, any left?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute and congrats! What a nice surprise :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boot~C, oops thanks, I edited the post to include a link. They can be found here: http://www.earthenwoodstudio.com/category/snack-charms

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so cute and clever! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are too cute. I'm surprised you weren't referenced in the magazine. One of my enameled clasps was used in a bracelet in Stringing and I was notified way ahead of time. It was very exciting and I had the opportunity to makes lots of clasps to get ready. I'm going to look at my issue and check out the necklace right now. Another one of my clasps is going to be in the next issue and I'm sooo tickled, congratulations to you and your successful business!!

    ReplyDelete