March 22, 2012

Woodland Links and Coppery Chain


Here are some of those new woodland inspired links I was talking about recently.  I also have some toggles and larger pendants in this style, with the woodgrain and the little leaves.  I used these to test colors.  I like both colors for the woodgrain but am not sure about the greens.  Seems most of the greens ran a little dark and muddy this time around, which doesn't always happen, but it does sometimes, and that is something to keep in mind when trying to create a stock product.  The bright green sure does make nice contrast to both of the wood colors, but I worry about the halo effect.  I like it a lot on these pieces, but it might overwhelm others.  It's my favorite of the green tones, though, so I think I will continue testing it.  I am eager to deign with one or two of these.  I got some awesome antique copper plated chain from Fusion Beads that I am excited to use with these!


Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment