March 6, 2012

Woodland Blobs

It was my intention to make a bunch of things inspired by the Haeckel images in yesterday's post, but time got away from me.  I did manage to make a bunch of restock items, which was probably a better use of my time anyway.  But I did make three little beads this morning, shown above.  I think they have some of those mossy, fungus type textures.  With the right glazes, they can look very "woodland" like.  These reminded me of the garden teapots and beads that I used to make long ago. Maybe these three little prototypes will inspire more.  They remind me of this video by Deathcab, which has a nice woodland theme too



Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

3 comments:

  1. These look awesome already-can't wait to see them glazed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just love Haeckel! can't wait to see what you come up with.
    i get compliments on my owl / nest necklace every time i wear it - needless to say i could have have made it without you!
    megan

    ReplyDelete