March 1, 2012

Travelogue of Fantasy: Forest Places


For March, I want to be inspired by fantastic places in the forest!  This should be an easy inspiration for me, as I have been inspired by it for many years.  I have made many items inspired by trees, woodland creatures, ponds, and leaves and continue to draw from that imagery.  I hope this rich source of inspiration will help me create some great pieces this month.  I could really use a strong growth of creativity these days.  Do you have any favorite fairy tales or stories that take place in the forest?  There seem to be so many to choose from!  Please share.

Here is a song I thought of when deciding on this month's theme.  I love this video, it contains some beautiful textures and colors of trees and forests.




Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

1 comment:

  1. I love The Cure! Beautiful video too, I too love forests & trees @ years ago I got to go to see The Sequioa's in CA. They were breath-taking

    ReplyDelete