February 6, 2012

Studio Tour Sunday

 I missed posting my Studio Tour Sunday links yesterday.  It was a busy day at Rust Belt.  We had the film crew for HGTV's Cash & Cari out to interview the fabulous Rust Belt regular Kyle Keener. He makes all sorts of great artwork from savaged, rusty bits.  He put together a cool spread of found materials for some of his lamp making and other art projects.  While the focus was on Kyle, some of the other Belters, including myself, got in a little camera time!  Cari made a necklace in my booth with an owl pendant and an old key.  I am looking forward to the episode and will be sure to announce when it airs!
So all of that activity kept me busy all day.  It was a little sad at the end, because I have decided to take some time off from Rust Belt after this weekend.  I just need a month to catch up on taxes and website and other stuff, and to come up with some new work for the year.  I will be cleaning out my store this week and am planning to return St. Patty's Day weekend.

That is the news from my exciting weekend!  Here is some news from some of my beady friends this week:


A Bead A Day
Lisa's sharing some extra Swarovski sparkle! You won't want to miss the glitz!

About.com Jewelry Making
This month's feature jewelry designer is Jean Campbell; read about her beading and editing life.

Art Bead Scene
Check out all the great pieces the Art Bead Scene readers made in response to last month's challenge

Beading Arts
Nobody ever likes to talk about that necessary evil...pricing!

Earthenwood Studio Chronicles
Melanie reveals a new bird carving that will become a new pendant design.

Jean Campbell
Jean received her Swarovski goodie box this week and shares what's in it

Snap out of it, Jean! There's beading going on!
Jean is so READY for Michelle Mach's Suddenly Spring Challenge! Check out the whole story!

The Writing and Art of Andrew Thornton
Andrew announces three new limited edition components available by pre-order! 


Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment