February 26, 2012

Studio Tour Sunday, Inspiration and Production


 I am getting a lot of beads made lately!  Nothing earth shattering and new, unfortunately, as I have been in a bit of a creative rut.  Fortunately, when that happens, I can focus on production.  In a couple of weeks I will open my Rust Belt booth up for spring, and I will need lots of beads there.  I have the Bead Bonanza coming up in a couple of weekends, too.  And there is the big picture of the Bead & Button show and a new trunk show idea that I am thinking about.  So production works.  I miss making new work and feeling creative though.  This is the perfect time, too, while things are kind of slow.  I just haven't felt inspired.  I attended a convention this weekend that was full of meditation and visualizations, so I hope that some of that starts to light a creative fire underneath me.  Until then, I will continue to make familiar stuff and build up stock.
Maybe we can find some inspiration in this week's Studio Tour links!

A Bead A Day
Have you been developing new healthy habits this year? How about rewarding yourself in beads?
About.com Jewelry Making
Owls are making a comeback from the 1970s and an owl charm was the inspiration for two jewelry tutorials.
Art Bead Scene
We celebrate some of our artisan bead crafters from across the pond with this treasury of UK bead artist awesomeness
Beading Arts
Cyndi works through the first steps in turning an antique key into a lampworked pendant.
Carmi's Art/Life World
Ruby Violet necklace kits are fun and easy to work with!
Earthenwood Studio Chronicles
Melanie shows off a new creation using the new Pantone Crystal Mixes from Fusion Beads
Jean Campbell
"Stuff Beaders Say" Are you a beader? If you're not sure, just check out this video and see if anything sounds familiar.
Resin Crafts!
A dollar store butterfly becomes a necklace center piece with resin!
Snap out of it, Jean! There's beading to be done!
There is a remarkbly beautiful new jewelry store on Etsy! Come read all about it, and learn who is behind it! 



Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

1 comment:

  1. I think that it is okay to just go into production mode and let the rest of it fall away. There is nothing wrong with that. And I firmly believe that when we are stuck on a plateau it is just a way for us to gather strength, courage and inspiration for the next leap. You will get there! I love the colors and those leaves are great! Just keep making even if it is not the most earth-shattering thing. You will find your way!
    Enjoy the day.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete