February 29, 2012

Fire and Ice


"Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice" 
 
~Robert Frost
Ok, so this month's blog project was not terribly successful, I admit.  I got off track and was just not as inspired by Ice Places as I thought I would be.  It was one of the more difficult things on my list, though, so its not surprising.  I did make the icy block pendants above, which have a great crackly surface and pretty snowflakes.  I think they are fun as they are, but I also thought the windows could be filled with resin and some fun little bits. 
 
Next month, I hope to be more inspired by the next stop in my Travelogue of Fantasy.  I am going to pick something that has already inspired my work, so it is not so hard to find inspiration again.

Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment