January 15, 2012

Studio Tour Sunday: New Ribbon


This weekend at my Rust Belt Market store, I got in a new shipment of ribbon.  All last year, I used recycled sari silk ribbon for my store, which was very well received.  I had it in many colors, my customers liked the rustic and recycled qualities, and it was relatively inexpensive. But the major drawback was that it came in skeins and I had to measure and cut it, and the rustic quality that I loved also meant there were lots of knots and unusable parts of the ribbon, so it was a bit wasteful and time consuming to use.  This year, I decided to switch to a finished silk ribbon, which is more expensive.  I got my first shipment earlier in the week and it is SO beautiful!  I think my customers will enjoy this just at much, if not more, than the sari ribbon.  I took a picture of my new display of ribbon and pendants.  I streamlined the display, too, moving the sign to the center and adding more bins for pendants.  It's looking really good here in my little shop!
That's my news this weekend... take a look at what is going on with some of my blog friends:

  A Bead A Day
Looking for something fun to do in April? How about having some Bead Fest Fun?!

About.com Jewelry Making
Don't you love rubies? But, they are pretty pricey unless you opt for sparkling ruby yarn. This necklace combines ruby yarn and black filigree components.

Art Bead Scene
We giggle and chuckle along to the sexy bead humor of the new blog Beaded Laughter by Sylvie Lansdowne

Beading Arts
Do you struggle to add Swarovski rivolis to your bead embroidery? Cyndi has the solution for you in her brand new e-booklet, "Three Bezels Plus a Bonus"!

Carmi's Art/Life World
Carmi declares 2012 as the Year of The Knot!

Earthenwood Studio Chronicles
Melanie goes into her blog archives to share two pretty bird necklace inspiration pieces

Resin Crafts!
Carmi has a two part series featuring resin on agate!

Snap out of it, Jean! There's beading to be done!
Margot Potter, Swarovski, the incredible low down on the most fab event at Tucson this year! You must check this out!!! WOW!  


Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment