January 21, 2012

Laputa House and Cloud Pendants


I was really pleased with the finished Laputa House carved plate when I got it out of the kiln!  I used a dark metallic glaze over the whole surface and wiped it away so it only filled in the carved lines.  Then I used a egyptian aqua crackle glaze and a clear glaze to paint in the sky and clouds.  The variation in color and texture when the glazes met was unexpected and very welcomed!  I really love this piece and very much want to carve more.  I think the image will make for a nice pendant design, too.  I am still thinking about how I might go about doing that.
I made a few simple cloud themed pendants, too.  These need to be photographed and added to Etsy.  Finally!  Something new for the Etsy shop.  I will have to wait until Monday to do this, though.  I have a busy weekend ahead, balancing between Rust Belt Market and a local convention where all my friends are hanging out.  Whee!

Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

3 comments: