January 18, 2012

In the Clouds

Perhaps starting my new blog series with the theme of cities in the sky was not the wisest choice!  I feel a little like I am floating and flying lately.  Although, in fairness, that is not entirely because I am thinking of far away places in the clouds, I am feeling really happy and floaty lately, which is not a complaint.  It does make for a hard time getting grounded and getting to work, though.  Today's post is to provide some color inspiration to get me motivated to glaze some of the new work I have done lately.  Here are some great inspirational images from Google Images from my search of cities in the sky.

Above: the city of Twinergy, from an Indian Bollywood animated movie
Above: Heavenly City photo manipulation from artist Yang Yongliang
Above: Castle in the Pyrenees by Rene Magritte
 Above: Cloud City from Star Wars
Above: a photo of the real city of Dubai, taken from the sky, making for a surreal looking city

Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous inspiration pics :) Can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this theme! I had forgotten about this piece by Magritte and now you've opened my mind up to a whole new genre of art to seek out. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete