January 9, 2012

Etsy Inspiration: Mechanical Birds and Flying Machines


'Mechanical Birds and Flying Machines' by earthenwood


Black and white Bird art pri...
$20.00

Taboo Bird Brooch Necklace 2...
$525.00

Ichabod, Steampunk Plague Do...
$425.00

Clockwork Bird - American Ro...
$6.20

The Albatross a Steampunk Fl...
$450.00

Icarus Wings No. 002
$550.00

Steampunk Mechanical Bird Di...
$1.00

Mechanical Birdie - Fully Cu...
$97.00

BOGO SALE... (Buy 1 Get 1 Fr...
$8.99

Mechanical Wing with Cogs & ...
$33.00

Vintage Small Game Trap with...
$250.00

Pterothopter Mk I - hand pul...
$120.00

Flight - Print
$30.00

BULLET BIRD , Crystal Bullet...
$35.00

Clockwork Wings - LE Giclee ...
$72.00

Bird Cage - Personalize - Do...
$249.00


This week, in my studies of sky places, I am thinking about ways that one might visit an imaginary land in the sky and creatures that might live there.  I am thinking about mechanical birds, steampunked Icarus wings, and imaginary flying machines.  I found some images on Etsy to be inspirational, so I created this treasury.  I hope it will inspire me, and maybe you as well!
 
Can you think of any cool flying vehicles, or imaginary birds that have a mechanical twist, from your favorite works of fiction or film?  Please share them with me!


Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

1 comment:

  1. I’ve learned a lot from your blog here! Keep on going, I will keep an eye on it.

    ReplyDelete