October 5, 2011

Spooky Roots


I wanted to share the finished pieces from Sunday's post.  The crackling crawly glaze turned out great!  I love ow ancient and muddy these look, like they were excavated from some burial site.  Or they dug themselves out of my back yard!  Maybe these root guys are what have been menacing my plumbing lately!  The plumber told me I have a lot of roots down there.  I have been obsessed with the idea of my house being possessed lately. I don't know if I really believe in all of that stuff, but it somehow entertains me as I struggle with all the home repairs. This house must be possessed by demons with all the tormenting it does to me! I tend to think these dark thoughts in October... I just love the Halloween season!

These pieces can be found along with other seasonal goodies in my Spooky Things section of my Etsy shop!


Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

2 comments:

  1. I just love them! They remind me of my favourite movie of all times: "A Nightmare before christmas"

    ReplyDelete