October 16, 2011

Haunted Houses and Tentacle Monsters


I am loving Halloween time this year!  I have a bunch of spooky themed work out, both in my Etsy shops (like this Haunted House wholesale bundle from my Etsy Wholesale site) and in my Rust Belt booth.  Decorating my booth is serious business this year, as we recycled my buddy Scott's Tentacle Monster costume to use as decoration:
It looks so great looming over my booth!  I am thinking I will dress up as a pirate for Halloween weekend at the market when the kids come for trick or treating.  Seems a suitable pair for such a sea monster!

That's the news from my studio, check out some of the things going on in some of my beady friends' studios:

About.com Jewelry Making
October's jewelry designer interview includes some interesting ideas from Lorelei Eurto. 

Art Bead Scene
Heather shares a free project that tells a little story of her recent move back to Michigan 

Beading Arts
A bit of silver leaf, a bit of acrylic paint, and some polymer clay...beautiful results! 

Carmi's Art/Life World
A little Apoxie Clay goes a long way when you have time to play in the studio. 

Earthenwood Studio Chronicles
Melanie shares another week of Etsy Boot Camp goals 

Resin Crafts!
This week Carmi demos several layers of resin in a small tin. 

Snap out of it, Jean! There's beading to be done!
Jean reminisces about the lovely book which she and Melanie of Earthenwood were in. She used Melanie's knockout components and they look just as fab today as they did then!  

The Bead Dreamer
Charlene shares how life seems to be crowding out jewelry making! Sometimes that's just how it is... 



Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment