October 13, 2011

Etsy Boot Camp Week 3


 Ok, I haven't really spent much time on this week's tasks, which are mostly about photography.  Cleaning up after a two show weekend and taking care of a sick dog has left me no time or energy this week.  I will keep this short, but here are a few things I tried.  Above, a wider product shot of one of my necklaces.  I struggled to get this and I am not happy with it.  The necklace display is not very attractive and I don't think it really accents the jewelry.  I think I need a little bust form.  So back to the drawing board, there.
 I need more space in my photo area to take these types of shots.  I was fighting with my tripod and camera and was generally unhappy with this process.  I think my photos are ok for now, so I am not going to sweat it much and put it on a long term list.
I did get this picture of my packaging, so we will call that a success.  I took some more pictures of jewelry and edited them and will find some time to list them soon.  Not much progress for this week, but that's ok, I knew it would be tough after the show.  See you next week with hopefully more progress!

Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

2 comments:

  1. Love the packaging, Miss Melanie! I have similar little boxes for my pendants. I would like to do something different to jazz them up. You are so very clever! I am playing around with baker's twine but I think that it is a bit spindly... we shall see. Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your packaging, too! I'm certainly no expert in any area and I think your photo is great -- the lighting, and the crisp & sharp focusing of the elements in it are beautiful. I understand your concern with the bust form. I think one of those forms that are covered with a burlap-type material or twine-looking material would be great with the type necklace you have created. Just my little two-cents (for what it's worth) :) Have a great weekend, and I hope your dog is feeling better. My pets are like my children, and I understand how tired you must be.

    ReplyDelete