September 25, 2011

Studio Tour Sunday: Sharing the Linky Love


  In the feverish rush of getting orders filled and stocking my weekend booth for the last few months, I have been way behind on keeping up with some press that has come and gone.  But the new issue of Creative Jewelry is out now and I have some pieces in it and I am determined to not let that pass without sharing it with you!  The piece above, Heartfire Necklace, was published as a project in this special issue. To celebrate, I have added this as a kit to my website!  This is one of my favorite designs lately.  I like the simplicity of it and the funkiness of the asymmetry.

In other news, I have started blogging for Art Bead Scene again!  I will be posting on Sundays with the weekly blogger links (like the ones I post here!) It is good to be involved with the blog again after a long hiatus. Who knows, perhaps I will be motivated to blog more there and here, now that I am getting more practice.  For me, to be active, I need to make something a habit, so posting once a week will likely encourage me to be more active.

Speaking of those weekly links, here is your linky love this week:
 
A Bead A Day
Have you ever made a zipper pull to match a pair of earrings? Check out this first attempt! 
 
About.com Jewelry Making
Jazz up your eyes with this beaded eye glass chain tutorial. 
 
Art Bead Scene
Shannon shares some tricks of the trade regarding jewelry metal punches. 
 
Beading Arts
What do you do with copper tube beads? Make a fabulous necklace, of course! 
 
Cindy Gimbrone Beads
This week's Tuesday Tangle is about experimentation and trying new designs. 
 
Earthenwood Studio Chronicles
Melanie gets ready to join up in the Etsy Boot Camp and is looking for more recruits! 
 
Resin Crafts!
Resin crafts has a few tips about resin and polymer clay. 
 
Snap out of it, Jean! There's beading to be done!
Jean reviews (and holds a giveaway!) of Jamie Cloud Eakin's fabulous new bead embroidery technique book, coming out in early October! And posts a Blythe doll photo, of course. 
 
The Bead Dreamer
Love miniatures? Charlene takes miniature book components, paper, ribbon and a few beads and makes a mini book necklace. You can too!


Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

3 comments:

  1. Very beautiful creation with the red heart in the center...looks delicate and very feminine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a gorgeous necklace, I love it!
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  3. really its to great i really love so nice work too good

    ReplyDelete