September 9, 2011

Season of the Kitty


I am starting to slowly release my new designs, many of which have a Halloweeny edge to them.  I am trying to hold back the more overtly Halloween designs until a little closer to October, but I just love this holiday so much, I can't wait!  I have some items that I think are not all that seasonal.  For instance, I love skulls and skeletons all year round.  And then there is this Kitty.  I wanted something very graphic, with a hint of clouds in the background, and a little crescent moon.  In black and white, it looks slightly spooky, and I used some colors that will suit those classic October colorways, but I think overall this kitty might not scream "Halloween!"  Cat lovers, what do you think?  Seasonal or year round for this design?



Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

8 comments:

  1. LOVE the black cat! That is the kind that I could have in my studio, because I am allergic to the fur kind! Can't wait to see more Halloweeny items!
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the color choices on this pendant. Great work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that this stamp will work for year round and for Halloween. I love the black and white one.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh definitely year-round. The orange and b/w are a litle more Halloween-y I feel but they all would look great any time of the year. Hmm, I think I need to get a few for some cat-lovers I know, myself included :-).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool kitty! Love it, especially the black and white one.

    They're definitely spooky, but I think they work all year around. The colours can make a difference: my favourite the b&w gives me a feeling of dark, cold nights while the bright green and purple ones more make me think of summer. (I don't automatically think halloween about anything -- e.g. bat pendants or black cat silhouettes -- as I'm not american and thus not brought up with that tradition.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love kitty!. The purple and teal I would use any time of the year while the black/white just screams Samhain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need a kitty! They aren't just for halloween! I miss my kitties and would love to have one of these pendants! year round!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I say year round! Those are great!

    ReplyDelete