September 5, 2011

Labor Day Links


  Hey everyone!  Just wanted to pop in quickly to let you know I am still here, working as hard as usual.  I started back up at the Rust Belt over the weekend, getting a spot in the window.  It looked really pretty, but I was surprised by an unexpectedly hot (over 100 degree) day on September 3, so it got pretty toasty in my little booth.  There were lots of events going on in the city, plus Labor Day vacations, so the market was a little slow.  I was also not feeling very caught up, as I had forgotten and lost some items over the weekend.  Including the power at my house (along with most of the rest of my neighborhood) after a sudden and big storm.  Power is expected to be out until Monday night, so I am working on what I can and taking advantage of not being able to work as well.  I have lots of new stuff coming out, and I am looking forward to sharing it, as soon as everything else co-operates with me!  

That's all the news I have this holiday weekend.  Check out the links from some of my beady blogging buddies:
 
A Bead A Day
Lisa's got a "bead" in her bonnet again about bead mixes! Check out her latest $2 find. A 50 gram plastic bead mix! 

About.com Jewelry Making
When was the last time you visiting the Jewelry Making Forum? That long ago? Well, here is some of what you have been missing. 
 
Beading Arts
Cyndi shares the work of some amazing bead embroidery artists! 
 
Beads & Books
Michelle shares a strategy for improving her Etsy shop photos. 
 
Cindy Gimbrone Beads
Cindy shares some ideas to make your metal money stretch.  

Earthenwood Studio Chronicles
Melanie unloads a kiln fill of new black and white designs
 
Resin Crafts!
This week Carmi is making Faux Gems with resin! 
 
Snap out of it, Jean! There's beading to be done!
Jean thinks about what it is like to write for Australian Beading Magazine! Many of you have been in her column at this point! 
 
The Writing and Art of Andrew Thornton
Andrew announces the (SOLD OUT) Reader's Challenge Design Kit for September! Lots of luscious pale purples and lavenders!  


Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

3 comments:

  1. Oh I so feel for you - we lost power for 5 days and I thought I was going to loose my mind. I hope you don't have to go that long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting the links, they're great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow................. really a great work good keep doing this type of work very nice

    ReplyDelete