September 19, 2011

Habits of Success


 Wow, that was a busy weekend!  I am getting organized again now that the big DIY weekend at the Rust Belt is over.  I met so many new potential customers and had really great sales.  I know a lot of these people will be back and will be bring friends, especially with the holidays coming up!  I have some new things to consider, going into the holidays, like having gift certificates available, and getting my finished jewelry online (which is something I always seem to neglect).
For me, one of the ways I find success with my business is making things a habit.  When I get in the habit of doing anything and start to make it efficient, it makes things a whole lot easier.  I have streamlined my photography, etsy listings, shipping, and inventory keeping which are all things that help me be successful.  That's not even mentioning my actual artwork processes!  So I am thinking about ways to get my jewelry listings more streamlined.  I am thinking of taking all my samples from Rust Belt every weekend and bringing them home to photograph and list on Mondays or Tuesdays.  I think this would be a good habit.  Then of course on Friday or Saturday, I would need to make more samples, but that will make for a fresh display, so I think that is a good plan.  One of my goals this year is to increase my jewelry sales for the holidays, without my regular bead sales suffering.  I am starting the Etsy Boot Camp this week to help me with this, too.
That's the studio news from here this week!  Check out what some of my beady blogger friends have going on this week:
 
A Bead A Day
If you were wondering about the best method for adhering flatback swarovski crystals to a rubbery textured object, Lisa's discovered the answer! Superglue! Check out her newly crystallized slap-watch.

About.com Jewelrymaking
Tammy discusses and provides a tutorial about the dirty side of metal jewelry.

Beading Arts
Cyndi explains how to add a wonderful blue-green patina to copper beads.

Earthenwood Studio Chronicles
Melanie ponders if her new cat pendant design is seasonally spooky or a year round treat

Resin Crafts
Melanie ponders if her new cat pendant design is seasonally spooky or a year round treat

Snap out of it, Jean! There's beading to be done!
I love B'Sue Boutiques and Brenda Sue is having a blog hop in October! Come read about it!

The Bead Dreamer
Charlene reviews a book that blends beading and jazz - Bead Riffs


Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

4 comments:

  1. How very talented you are. I am always so happy to receive a hand made jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the look and feel of the ceramics and they are safe and good for the pollution free world makes me choose them over plastic and rubber...nice work displayed here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new bird and kitty pendants!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice to beautiful jewelry so nice i just like it a lot

    ReplyDelete