September 23, 2011

Etsy Boot Camp: Promises and Buddies


Today I received the first Etsy Boot Camp email!  I am excited to get started!  One of the tasks this week is to share a promise for the upcoming holiday sales season.  My promise is to get my Earthenwood Galleria on Etsy filled up with gifts and finished jewelry, two things that are often requested by my customers which I rarely seem to be able to have available. My goal is to offer jewelry that represents the designs I have at my weekend shows, so my customers can buy some of the same items from me online as well. I also want to offer some new products, maybe a small line of tiles or ornaments, which are often requested. And I promise to accomplish this while keeping up with my regular sales on my website, etsy, and my weekend retail sales at the Rust Belt Market.

The Etsy Success team put together a spreadsheet of sales estimates and potential costs.  I filled it out with my own numbers and it was sobering to find that there was no profit in the way I figured my numbers.  So I am still playing around and thinking about where I can cut costs and how I can grow at a better rate.


omg, my cute new boots!  Get it.. Boot Camp... boots?  :) hehe

The last step is to find a Boot Camp buddy...someone to bounce ideas off of and to hold me accountable, but instead of finding an individual, I am going to blog my updates and ask you, my readers, for advice and support.  You have always been there for me and I feel like I haven't been sharing much of my process on the blog lately.  So keep an eye out for my Boot Camp posts every week!

Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

3 comments:

  1. I love your enthusiasm! I'm preparing for my first Etsy Holiday season, and am excited as well. Looking forward to following your progress, and good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to seeing your jewelry in the shop! I need to do the same thing-I'm horrible at getting anything posted on Etsy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. really cool jewelry i really love it a lot dam good

    ReplyDelete