August 5, 2011

New Jewelry Production


I have finally finished up some big bead orders that have been weighing on me since June.  It has just been so busy with weekends at the Rust Belt and regular orders and all the crazy stuff that has been going on in my life, it seems that getting caught up on the bead front has taken me forever.  The next thing that is on my mind is getting finished jewelry stock out to some of the galleries I consign with and sell to. I have been wanting to do this all summer, and just couldn't get to it. I finally decided to get some help from my friends and have started hiring out some of my production jewelry jobs.  This has been so wonderful to have help! I am now more determined than ever to get my stores stocked up!

In the top picture are some new bracelets, made of mixed glass and metal beads, strung by a friend of mine who has a new baby at home. She did the fun part of stringing up the beads and I finished them off.  I am so excited to have beaded bracelets again!  I have another friend doing some other assembly for me, which has given me a bunch of necklaces that are just waiting on me to finish with my ceramic parts (as soon as I get them made and fired).  I managed to complete the whole tray of earrings on cards by myself, only because I am in a time crunch for them.  Rest assured, I will be asking for help with those next time around.  I thought it would be harder to let go of some of these tasks (which I really do enjoy doing), but I think I love having so much product made to fill my orders more than doing every single task myself.

Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

3 comments:

  1. Oh I wish I was closer I would love to do some production work and we need extra money desperately. If you ever need help that you could send out I am your girl.
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Letting go can be the hardest decision. I hate making that decision but am so relieved when I have made it. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no problem delagating. I had to crash and burn to learn though.
    Thank goodness for good friends.

    ReplyDelete