August 11, 2011

More New Designs


I have a few prototypes of new designs made up!  I love them so much!  Above, a bird in a cage.  This is a variation on some pieces I made that were inspired by the song Talking Bird by Deathcab for Cutie.  I like the image of the bird living in "a house in a house"
Another bird design above, the bird on a branch.  I liked the drawing but was worried when I received the stamp that it wouldn't show the details well, but I am pleased with how it is turning out.  I like both the rectangle and the leaf shape for these.
Above, a fancy Old English D, which is commonly used in Detroit themed designs around town.  I wanted to put my own twist on it, make it fancy, and have it a little obscured so it is not so obviously noticeable on first glance.  I do not plan to do any other letters, by the way, this one is just for my Detroit peeps!

I think that Skully here is my favorite of the new stamps!  So creepy cute!  I worked with the negative space in this one, having the design pop out instead of being impressed.  I think this was very successful and I plan to work like this more in the future.

Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

9 comments:

  1. Oh i love the birds!!!! are they available yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ladies! Lorelei, only have the few shown here, with more to come soon. I plan to debut them at Bead Fest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, the bird is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your new designs! You have a bird in hand and one in the bush! Sorry, couldn't resist. The skelly is cool, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are awesome! I must have a D pendant, so cool. Fabulous as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in love with the bird in cage too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I really love the second one and that D is almost enough to convince me to start going by my middle name.

    ReplyDelete