July 25, 2011

Small World


 So I wasn't expecting much this weekend at the Rust Belt, since the city of Ferndale had major power issues right down to the wire of the weekend and for some time we expected to be closed on Saturday entirely.  The power got fixed finally and we opened for the weekend and it was much more busy than I expected.  I even had a special guest come shopping at my booth:
 The lovely Cari Cucksey of HGTV's Cash & Cari dropped by my booth and made herself one of my mix-and-match necklaces.  She really liked the one shown above, so she made a similar design, choosing her own charms and colors from my selection of goodies. She was kind enough to stop for a picture in my booth!
I have some of these earth pendants, which were used as the base of the necklace shown, listed in my Etsy shop, along with many other new designs!

Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

3 comments:

  1. The necklace is gorgeous! Loved the ribbons look, and the added circle pieces. That is a great idea to offer the people their choice to make their own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool. I have not seen her show but seen it advertised (the very little that I actually watch tv). Your little bead corner sounds like such a great place. Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool! I love Cari! Everytime I see that show I am like..I wish I was there! Those are great deals!!!
    I love the make your own idea too!
    Cilla

    ReplyDelete