June 1, 2011

New Work and Wikio's Top Jewelry Blogs

 I only have time for a quick post today... it's a busy one.  I finished off my wet clay work for Bead & Button last night, which is a relief.  I can just let go now, because if it is not made now, I won't have it... I just have to deal with what I've got.  And I do have quite a lot, so I should be ok.  Above, some new full clock pendants, made with the Rust Belt Market in mind, but I think I will be adding them to my regular inventory.  Below, some text patterned rings, some (all?) of which will become toggles.  My new work for B&B is mostly inspired by this text pattern and words and letters.
Hey, I also have some fun news! Every month, Wikio compiles a list of the top blogs in Jewelry Making (as well as lots of other categories).  These are some of my favorite blogs and daily reads.  I am in the top 10 this month, moving up 2 spots.  YAY!  Check out the rest of Wikio's top 30 blogs here:

1Art Bead Scene Blog
2Andrew Thornton
3Pretty Things
4Earthenwood Studio Bead Blog
5Lorelei's Blog
6Beading Arts
7About.com Jewelry Making
8Carmi's Art/Life World
9Humblebeads Blog
10A Bead A Day
11Beads And Books
12Lampwork Diva aka Cindy Gimbrone
13Gaea's Ceramic and Art Studio Blog
14Jennifer Jangles Blog
15Barbe Saint John - New Treasures from Forgotten Artifacts
16Margot Potter The Impatient Crafter
17Erin Siegel Jewelry
18Denise Yezbak Moore
19Blog for Beaders
20Rings & Things
21Cynthia Thornton of Green Girl Studios
22Copper Diem
23Beading Daily
24Melissa J. Lee
25LLYYNN
26Beads of Clay Blog
27The Rabbit Muse
28Kelley's Bead Studio
29What's New at Chinook Jewelry
30hint




Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on the sweet accomplishment! : D

    Patty from

    www.mylifeunderthebus.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both the pendants and cool rings! And *Yay* on the Wikio ranking :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on the ranking!!!

    Amy @ copperdiem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your jewelry pieces I think they are all fun and unique and wish you the best. I don't wear much jewelry but I like it very cool and geometric. Great colour too. I love both the pendants and cool rings I've got a fun new Jewelry Blog. Love these! Thanks for sharing your favorite blogs. I like them as much as you.
    vancouver clothing stores

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great News! CONGRATULATION. I do love your blog. I hope you have lots of sales at B&B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! These are gorgeous pieces! I love the test patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pendants were really attracted me. Even, I too want to get those for me. I hope the jewelry with these pendants were unique too.

    ReplyDelete