June 30, 2011

Earthenwood Design Team Update




Amy of Sprite Creations created this fun necklace using one of my Ice Cream Cone pendants!  I love what she did with the earthy wire and resin painted metal findings, giving them a personalized look.  The muted colors work very well with the brights, making the whole piece look very vintage with just enough summery color.  I love the little details in this piece, too, like the way the clasp hooks right into the ceramic link on the side, and how the little bit of chain dangles in front of the pendant with sprinkle like glass beads.  Nice work, Amy!  Check out her detailed post about this necklace on her blog!

I have been a little behind in my blogging, but I am trying to balance enjoying some of the summer and am (still) recovering from Bead & Button.  I still have a lot of work post-show to do to restock my site, galleries, stores, and my Rust Belt booth, and I am chipping away at it.  But I am also doing a little relaxing, yardwork, and trying to get in some summertime.  Last night, we rode our bikes up to Ferndale to get some dinner and ice cream for the first time.  It didn't take as long as I thought and the sidewalks were in great shape (this would also be my route to ride the bike up to Rust Belt on the weekends, which is the reason I got the bike... I can commute by bicycle!)  It's funny how the same road I drive almost daily seems so different when on bike or on foot.  You certainly see things with new eyes!

Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

4 comments:

  1. Nice work Amy! I love the mix of textures and different components that keep my eye moving and my mind guessing. Great stuff!
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this Ice Cream Cone pendant!! :D
    Love from Thessaloniki, Greece!! - Fany

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just the loveliest of necklaces!!
    Your focals really are brilliant and thats from the heart saying that!!

    ReplyDelete