June 18, 2011

Earring Workshop and Kits


For my first class offering, I designed these cute and sparkly earrings.  I wanted something simple and artsy with some color that showed several techniques so these pretty earrings filled all of those requirements.  We have a jump ring, simple bead link, and wire wrap in there: three of the basic techniques for jewelry making!  I have made a leaf and flower option as well, but still need to assemble the samples and photograph them.  I was thinking of offering these as kits on etsy eventually, too.  Anyone interested?

The Earring Workshop will be introduced this weekend at the Rust Belt Market.  Saturday and Sunday at 2pm.  We will also offer the workshop next weekend, times to be determined.  If you would like to stay updated with my classes and local (metro Detroit) schedule, please join the special Rust Belt mailing list I am keeping here.

Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Melanie, i have been wanting to take a workshop for so long, i am across the river in Windsor are you closer to the tunnel or bridge? i do not know my way around there very well but my Dad does i would love to join in for sure!!
    ttfn Lana :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This kits are a great idea. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. somethingunique, I am afraid geography and directions are not my strong suit. There is a map to Rust Belt on their website: http://www.rustbeltmarket.com/ Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete