May 31, 2011

World Steam Expo

I am diligently working hard today, because I declared it the last day of wet clay work before Bead & Button.  But I wanted to check in really quick and post a few pictures of myself and my costumes from the World Steam Expo.  I was there a little of each of the four days, but one of the days we dressed in more casual, everyday "steampunk style" as opposed to a costume, since we went out on the town for shopping and lunch on Sunday. On Saturday, I got to see Abney Park perform an acoustic set which was great!  There were so many inspiring and creative costumes to marvel at! All in all, we had a lot of fun with our costumes and the panels and the Expo, even though the heat on Monday caused me to have a little meltdown (it was HOT and I was wearing the center outfit and there was much traffic madness because of Memorial Day, all of which made me a very crabby girl).  I have a renewed interest in steampunk, both in terms of character development and costuming, and as a personal style and aesthetic.

Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

2 comments:

  1. I love the pants in your first outfit. While I haven't joined the Steampunk movement, I have avidly followed the progress. I was even able to download a few free books for the Kindle, which were really interesting.

    thanks for showing us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the second costume. I find myself more and more drawn to steampunk every time I go to a Con.

    And isn't Abney Park great. They are from Tacoma so I got to see them before they cut their first cd.

    ReplyDelete