May 29, 2011

Studio Tour Sunday: World Steam Expo and Studio Links

 I haven't been online much in the past few days, as I have been busy steam-punking it up at World Steam Expo.  Alex got us tickets for the 4 day convention for Christmas, along with a pattern to make me a skirt and jacket.  I have yet to wear those items, as I have been saving them for our outing to Greenfield Village tomorrow.  Sadly, with all that I have had going on, I haven't been able to add to my wardrobe or accessories very much, but I had enough steamy-like clothing to last me all weekend.  I did modify one of the staples of my wardrobe... my goggles.  I lost one of the screw-off lens caps somewhere along the way, and strangely, none of the others we have been able to find are compatible so I could repair it.  So I ended up making them pretty assymetrical and used a big piece of filigree and a clip-on pair of jewelers' magnifiers to spiffy them up.  I like them a lot, but man are they heavy when perched upon the head all day!  I need to find a light, "everyday" pair of goggles, I think... perhaps something vintage  Here is a pic from the original goggles from a couple of years ago:
That's the latest news here in my studio.  Hopefully next week I will find a picture or two of me from the Expo to show on the blog.
Here is what some of my blogger friends have been up to this week:
 
A Bead A Day
Featured Designer, Genea, creates some very happy beads and shares how she works them into gorgeous jewelry pieces! 

About.com Jewelry Making
Find out how you can use your beading skills to help raise money for an Autism center. 
 
Art Bead Scene
Art Bead Scene is having a giveaway. Come check it out! 
 
Barbe Saint John - New Jewelry from Forgotten Artifacts
It's jewelry "Re Do" time and a giveway of the finished piece 
 
Beading Arts
Cyndi has been featuring wonderful wire artists all this month...take a look at what these folks are doing! 
 
Carmi's Art/Life World
An acorn is the inspiration for a new ting in epoxy clay. 
 
Cindy Gimbrone, The Lampwork Diva
It's a Tangle Tutorial. Come make a pair of "Well-Loved" earrings! 
 
Earthenwood Studio Chronicles
Lumber everywhere! Melanie's wood-grain components are popping up in Beads 2011, on the Vintaj blog as the Art Bead Partner of the month, and at Art Bead Scene in a huge giveaway! 
 
Lorelei's Blog: Inside the Studio
Lorelei's birthday brought big changes to her jewelry studio this week, come on over and watch her vlog. 
 
Resin Crafts!
Resin + chocolate = great new bezels! 
 
Snap out of it, Jean! There's beading to be done!
Jean had a wonderful time creating a necklace set using both Artbeads and Earthenwood Studio components together, as she a blogging and design partner for each! See what she designed ! You might think the end result is as as yummy as she does !!! 
 
The Bead Dreamer
Stick beads, gemstones and wood earring findings inspire a necklace and matching earrings - both made using the same wood findings! 
 
The Writing and Art of Andrew Thornton
Andrew hosts one of the biggest Thursday Giveaways EVER! You could win TWELVE coin pendants from his Shop!

Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    As an artist, I want to share with you how we can force the Chinese government to disclose the whereabouts of Artist Ai Weiwei who is imprisoned without charges.
    I found a poll on Qwanz.com " Should cultural exchanges between China and the rest of world be boycotted until the whereabouts and charges against Chinese artist Ai Weiwei are clarified?

    If we all answer this, share it on Facebook and Twitter, and then , through the site, send on results, to Elected officials, government agencies and the press, we may be able to create together enough noise and pressure to force the Chinese Government to react.
    Please click on http://qwanz.com/headline/international-eventually-by-country/should-cultural-exchanges-between-china-and-the-rest-of-world-be-boycotted-until-the-whereabouts-and-charges-against-chinese-artist-ai-weiwei-are-clarified/
    You voice is important. Please help.

    Many thanks;

    Paul
    PS: Don’t forget to share this with all your artists friends

    ReplyDelete