May 9, 2011

Rust Belt Weekend Success and Interview

Well my work and risk-taking really paid off for the opening weekend of The Rust Belt Market!  I had a great weekend, made some sales, and was complimented on my mini-bead-store approach.  I learned many things along the way, adapted some ideas to make them even better, and had a really FUN time at the show.  I am swamped getting back to the work that I need to do this week, and preparing for not only the Bead & Button Show (omg gulp!) but also two more weekends of Rustbelt, which I just signed up for.  Today I will present some more pictures of my stocked display plus a video about the event that was on the local news, featuring a clip of an interview with me!  Woo Hoo!









Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

8 comments:

  1. Very cool! I'm glad it is a success! I hope to make it over that way this summer to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! It's always nice when all the work results in success.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun place! Your set up looks great, wishing you continued success!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just so awesome! You fit right in and I can see that this will be a great place for you to be. I wish there were more and more places like that all over. I could totally get into something like that. Kudos on the mini-interview and your beautiful display!
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! I wish I could drop in to shop! Your space is super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Melanie. Your shop is just amazing. What a wonderful concept the Ferndale Market is. I am so happy it was a success for you and that you will continue with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to shop there! Such a wonderful idea! Good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great video. I wish I lived near you so I could go! What an awesome way to shop for art. I know it will be successful and your booth as well.

    ReplyDelete