May 20, 2011

The Royal Oaktree

Here is another necklace design I made for my Rust Belt Market booth.  I call this one The Royal Oaktree. It is inspired by a local city, Royal Oak. I designed the oval pendant with woodgrain and a cool flower shaped gear that reminds me of a crown.  I thought this was a subtle way to show my inspiration.  I have also used the oak leaf charms from Vintaj and I made a tiny pearl acorn charm with a brass cap.  Today I received more colors of pearls so I am looking forward to making other colors of pearls.

Above, a bracelet I made showing how my link pairs can be used.  It's so simple in design and lets the ceramic really shine, I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner.  I gave this one to Alex's mom for her birthday and made two more.  They are a perfect way for me to use up my single links, too!
 
I will be at the Rust Belt this weekend and then off for 3 weeks while I prepare for the Bead & Button Show and go to the World Steam Expo.  I think I will miss the market while I am gone... I am having so much fun being there!

Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

2 comments:

  1. Nice inspiration! I really like Royal Oaktree and what sweet little leaves you found.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a friend lives in Northville who runs Royal Oak photography group (this is weirder than it sounds if you consider I live in the UK!) :o) Gorgeous necklace.

    ReplyDelete