May 14, 2011

Response Saturday: Painted Vintaj

  I have dabbled with this technique of painting on metal after seeing Jess at Vintaj demonstrating it at the Bead & Button Show.  But when I decided I needed a little more color in my metal for my Rust Belt Market booth, I found myself exploring it much more fully.
Yeah, sometimes when I get an idea, I don't just do it halfway, I go all for it.  So I painted dozens and dozens of charms tonight in a variety of colors.  They really look quite lovely all sorted in the little tins.  I can't wait to work with them and see how my customers like them this weekend!
I used Ranger Ink Paint Dabbers and sealed them with Renaissance Wax.  Instead of me telling you how I made these, how about you just watch Jess' video?  Thanks to the gals at Vintaj for always coming up with fun new techniques!


Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

10 comments:

  1. I love these Melanie! They looks wonderful and I hear you on the can't do just a few of something. Have a great weekend at the show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Cow Melanie! I can't quite process the amount of metal you have here and the time spent doing all of them. So So Pretty! I want to come over and play with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute.... nice job!... Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Have to try this.

    ReplyDelete