May 12, 2011

The Motor City Necklace



I wanted to share some of the sample necklaces that I designed for my bead booth at Rust Belt Market.  I created a series of necklaces that have mix-and-match elements.  All of these pieces also have a metro-Detroit theme, tying in some local pride, which is a big trend in this area, particularly concerning Detroit. This first design was where the first idea of the stackable mix-and-match necklace came from.  I call this one "The Motor City" and have a variety of colors in the gear pendants available, which stack nicely with all sorts of fun gears and spinners and key charms in mixed metals.  I have a few choices in big jump ring colors for the pendant and for the neck ring (one can also choose a cord or ribbon instead, too!).  Over the course of the weekend, I designed several more different designs, all based on this stackable pendant idea, which I will show you over the next few posts.  This is the one that started it all!

Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

3 comments:

  1. These are great Melanie! I especially love that you have such obvious local pride!
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Motor City pride!!! I'll be visiting one of your booths soon. I love your beads!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those! So simple yet so perfect. And what a great idea to get more people hooked on beading.

    ReplyDelete