May 2, 2011

Earthenwood Design Team: Two Pieces by Heather Powers and a Sweet New Challenge

Wow, I am blown away!  Check out these amazing pieces that Heather Powers of Humblebeads made using some of my components!  She made the Garden Gate Necklace above using one of the keys I sent her from my Earthen Oxide shop for the March challenge.  I love how Heather mixes different materials and artists' beads together. The textures in this necklace are great, from the opal of the resin to the rusty raw metals and the matte ceramics of the charms and beads by Gaea and Joan Miller.  Just beautiful!

The Nest Egg is another sweet design with a nice earthy springtime look.  I love the shiny crackle of the link and egg component (used as a toggle!) from the April challenge look against the matte details of her polymer clay bird and egg beads.  Impressive, as usual, Heather!  Read more about Heather's design process and see more detailed pictures of these two pieces on her blog.
The new challenge item for May is one of my new Ice Cream Cone pendants.  I have a variety of colors of these which I will be sending an assortment out to my Design Team to play with.  Do you have a blog and want a chance to design and blog about a piece of jewelry with one of these treats? Leave a comment on this post and tell me your favorite ice cream flavor (or at least your latest favorite).  I will choose a winner later this week.

Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

11 comments:

  1. Oh, I would love a chance to design with the ice cream cone! My favorite flavor is cookie dough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I would love a chance to design with one of your ice cream cones. My flavor of choice is usually mint choco chip, yum.
    Great now I want ice cream :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to have a chance to design with one of your ice cream cone! My favorite ice cream flavor would have to be the classic soft serve chocolate/vanilla twist. Extra rainbow sprinkles, please! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Melanie, i would be so excited to design with one of your unique components and oh la la ice cream just in time for summer ttfn L:) and Heathers creations are amazing a usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd so much love to make a summer-piece with an icecream cone :-D They are fabulous!
    My favourite is 'tiger', it has vanilla ice cream with orange-flavoured stripes ;-) Strawberry is a great fav too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love a chance to play with one of your ice cream cone pendants, they are too cute! My favorite ice cream is cookies and cream.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It would be much fun to play with one of the ice cream cone pendants!
    My favorite flavor is Cherry Garcia by Ben and Jerry's.
    :)
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My fav would be coffee ice cream with chocolate chip chunks. Even better in a handmade waffle cone dipped in chocolate and rolled in chopped almonds.

    I'd love to play along!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to participate. My fave is Mint Chocolate Chip - but in gelato! It is sooooo smooooothe and good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Swensen's Ice Cream has an incredible Swiss Orange Chip ice cream that I haven't had for years. Dark chocolate with a hint of orange. Would love to have that again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't eat ice cream because I'm lactose intolerant, but I would love to participate. Your ice cream cones remind me of my childhood memories.

    ReplyDelete