April 11, 2011

Earthenwood Design Team: New Eggs!

Well yesterday was a beautiful day! It seemed like we here in Michigan skipped over Spring and went right into Summer, actually, but I am not complaining too much.  I finally took down my outdoor Christmas lights, lol, so I guess Spring is really here.  (It IS Michigan, though, so I will not be too surprised by a snowstorm tomorrow, bleh)

Anyway, I think a lot of us are ready for Spring.  This month for the Design Team, I decided to use a classic Spring symbol for inspiration... the simple egg.  I made some little egg charms and pendants, all with my favorite new crackle glazes.  You can find them in my Etsy shop.  I am excited to see what the Design Team members have done with them!  And I want to see what you will do, too!  Comment here on this post for a chance to win some eggs and to become an honorary Design Team member for April.  I will pick the winners on Wednesday.  In the comment, tell me some of your favorite Springtime symbols.
 
 
Oh, and Design Team members, can you please shoot me an email if I missed one of your blog posts using my bead?.  I have been really behind on things and I am afraid of overlooking something.  I would love to hear what you are up to!  You are all so busy with different things!
 
Here are some links to the Design Team member blogs: 


Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

8 comments:

  1. I love eggs, and birds, and flowers and grass and anything springy. Would love to be part of the team. Thanks Shannon C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! I was just waiting for the okay to use mine, so I'll get right on it!!
    They are so fun, I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! I love this Melanie! I have some ideas brewing.
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I love these, especially the darker green ones for some reason! Would love to be a part of the team :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're really cute. I love the colour selection and the crackle glaze is fabulous.

    I think my all-time favourite spring symbol would have to be cherry blossom. It's beautiful and delicate and so pretty.

    I know what you mean about weather. We had 21 degrees celsius of blazing sunshine here (about 70F) a couple of days ago and tonight I got drenched (and I mean drenched - absolutely soaked to the skin and bright red all over with the cold!) with icy rain while running tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your eggs - the originality of the design is so beautiful!

    For me, the ultimate spring symbol is the crocus. I feel it symbolizes the rebirth from the deep of the winter. I'd be honored to be a part of your design team.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite springtime symbol is not a symbol, but a sound. The song of the Robin when they migrate back here. When I hear that melody, I know it's spring. We got 3" of snow here on Saturday and the Robin's just keep on singing.

    Your delightful green crackle eggs made my heart skip a beat. Something about that crackle effect, I just can't get enough.
    Good Luck everyone. Now I'm off for my morning run and to hear the Robin's song.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ' love your new eggs with the great look of the crackle effect.
    Spring is new growth and color to me. Look around, you can see buds bursting forth in bright colors. Ahh, the newness of spring.
    Thanks for your give-a-way offer. I have ideas of design popping up in my thoughts right now.
    chris
    khakit@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete