March 27, 2011

Studio Tour Sunday: Birdie Trinkets in New Colors

  I have been a super busy birdie today.  I glazed beads all morning and loaded two kilns, plus I did some chores around the house.  I am hustling hard to get as much of my work done as I can early this week because my brother and I are taking Wednesday through Saturday off to go to NCECA, a ceramics conference.  Jeremy is in the biennial show and another show plus he is doing a presentation.  He is kind of a clay rock star. :)  
 
Anyway, I have a bunch of shipping and stuff to do before Wednesday but I wanted to pop in and show off a new item on the Earthenwood website.  Well, not so much a new item, as I have been making these Birdie Trinkets regularly since about 2006, but I have new colors!  I have added pale grey, apple green, and pinky colored Birdies to the available options.  I kept the ever popular brown and sea birds and removed the black bird (since I have the black and red Robin Birdie still). All the colors are available in charms and links. I think the new pink and apple birds go really well with the sea bird and would look great together in a colorful spring design!

That's what's going on in my studio this weekend.  Here are some reports from a few of my fellow bloggers' studios:
 
A Bead A Day
Interested in learning more about decopauging your jewelry projects? In response to a reader question, Lisa provides some info to help you get started. 

About.com Jewelry Making
Tammy combines wire, chain, and crystal teardrops for some dramatic earrings. 
 
Art Bead Scene
The ABS is serving up a free project courtesy of Ornamentea. 
 
Beads & Books
Enter a jewelry, beading, or mixed media contest or challenge this spring. Michelle shares links to nearly a dozen opportunities. 
 
Carmi's Art/Life World
Carmi has a two part beaded sachet tuorial this week on her blog.
 
  Cindy Gimbrone, The Lampwork Diva
This week's Tuesday Tangle is about taking up a challenge! 
 
Snap out of it, Jean! There's beading to be done!
Jean writes about a book she was given years ago concerning Elizabeth Taylor's astounding jewelry collection 
 
The Bead Dreamer
Charlene creates earring from humble materials and simple design 
 
The Writing and Art of Andrew Thornton
To celebrate National Craft Month, Andrew guest blogs for Beaducation.

Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Those are just so cute, you are right they would look great in a spring design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! The pastels are very "beachy."

    ReplyDelete