March 19, 2011

Response Saturday: Leafy Heart

 Ack!  Too busy for Response Saturday this week!  Too busy to blog, even!  But I do have something to share.  I made this at the same time as the Grassy Pendant a couple of weeks ago.  I used a dried leaf from the floral arranging section of a craft store.  Nice leaves, actually.  They look like they have been enhanced somehow, which gave them exaggerated color and texture.  The leaves were rather stiff and brittle so I had a hard time cutting it to size and I somehow got it into the bezel in two pieces and poured the resin, but they kept popping up and I gave up.
 After the resin set and I had more patience, I decided to fill in the pendant with a little more resin and I added a brass fern leaf to give it a little more interest.  Overall, I am pleased with it, but if I were to do it again, I would paint in the back with dark green so the background didn't show around the leaf cutting.  I think that making a heart template would probably be a good idea if I do more.  I really like these bezels by Nunn Design...they have nice deep bezels and are great to work with.

Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

4 comments:

  1. love that green - it's a very pretty with the brass leaf added.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the brass leaf is poking through, very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty..i love resin projects,thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete