March 7, 2011

Earthenwood Design Team Update!

I have a couple of great pieces to show you from Design Team members who used the February bundles to make some wonderful jewelry!  First up, Marie Dodd, who made the necklace above.  It's got some of her metal work, paired nicely with my ceramic heart and links, and some delicious old beads from the 1800s.  I love Marie's moody photographs and eclectic style!  Read more about this piece on her beautiful blog.

February Honorary team member AJ from ErtheFae made this cool necklace with some of the links!  I love that AJ broke from the red and black scheme that everyone seemed to work in last month.  I did send her red hearts, but she is planning something elaborate with them.  Can't wait to see it sometime down the road!  I also love that she made this to wear to Wild Wild West Con, which sounds like a western-steampunk themed convention.  AJ and I have lots of things in common, like beads and steampunk and the geeky convention circuit.  Read more about this piece and more on her blog.
And now for the reveal of the March challenge items!  Spring officially starts this month, and I like to celebrate new things in Spring!  My newest thing is the launch of the EarthenOxide website and the new line of Collage and Shimmer Keys!  I am working on some brighter colors and interesting textures and got some great purple keys made yesterday! I have a collection of  lovely earthy and gem toned colors with lots of opalescent shimmer to them, and I can't wait to see what everyone makes with them!  
 
As always, I am going to choose two honorary Design Team members to receive goodies this month.  Since February was so short and I am still finishing up the keys for this month, I am in a bit late this month.  I will be shipping on Wednesday, so I am going to give you until noon on March 9th to leave a comment here for consideration. (You must have a blog and be in the US to qualify, thank you)

Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

13 comments:

  1. Ooooh, lovely keys! Whoever gets picked this month will love working with those :)

    The convention was a blast, you would have loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on those! Wow! I would love to be a team member.

    www.stacilouise.blogpost.com

    staci.louise@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to be a "key" member of this team! They are wonderful and making some type of necklace with one is already brewing in my crafty brain. Thank you for the opportunity to play along...Katie (thebearwoman2004@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the new shop and the new keys! They really are fantastic! Those necklace designs are awesome! Thank you for sharing!

    Warmly,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those keys are amazing! Thanks for the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are wonderful! I especially like the ones with text on them pictured on a different blog entry. I love anything with text on it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love where you're going with the keys! Is it possible for lightning to strike twice? I'll keep my fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous necklaces and I love the keys! We would love to have a chance at working with your pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great designs so far! The keys are cool, and I would love an opportunity to create with them. Maybe I'll be lucky this time :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maire and AJ's pieces are so gorgeous! The keys are a dream....such intense colors and unique shapes. Would love one to work with!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Every time we see your keys, they grow into ever more beautiful and complex creations. YAY!!!!!
    Though being a book lover, I am sad to see old tool manuals being cut up, it is fabulous to see them reused in such vibrant ways! This makes them accessible to a whole new bunch of people!

    I would love to be part of the team this month!

    Thanks for offering this!

    ReplyDelete