February 3, 2011

Website News and NEW $2.50 shipping!

 Today I made some progress on the Earthenwood Website. I am working with a friend who is helping me with inventory numbers and data entry and I hope he will be my product manager and just tell me what needs to restock by looking at his magic spreadsheets.  All the number stuff is pretty much over my head, and although I do seem to have a good sense of intuition about my business, it would be nice for the info to be real and tangible so I am more efficient.  It's pretty exciting stuff!
 I have been going through my popular items from the Etsy shop from last year and adding some of those items to the website, along with the classic Earthenwood beads that I always like to keep in stock.  Today, I added these two pieces from the Rustbelt Homestead line.  I will continue to add more and am excited to start using a new tool, a slab roller, to help me be more efficient in the production end of things too!  I just rolled my first slabs and will be texturing and cutting clay tonight!
 I should also mention a great new change to the website which is a flat rate shipping charge, just like I have in my Etsy shop.  Any orders from the website will ship for only $2.50 to anywhere in the USA, no matter if you buy one or a hundred pieces!  This works so well for Etsy, I figured it would work for the website too!

Enough computer time!  I am going to go play in clay now!

Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

2 comments:

  1. Could you please send your freind and his magick spread sheets my way :-) I've used a slab roller for several years now. You will love how much this speeds up things and just plain makes life easier.

    ReplyDelete