February 15, 2011

Love Letters

A few weeks ago, I made a batch of Love Letter pendants: porcelain multi-looped envelope pendants and links that remind me of the vintage postcards that I love digging through at antique stores.  They are stamped with vintage letterpress parts and glazed with crackly eggshell glazes for a vintage look.  Each one has a little deep red detail reminiscent of a wax seal (if you look closely enough, you will see that it is a tiny skull and crossbones design).  I also made the necklace above as an example of what can be done with these components.  The first set of Love Letters sold right away, but I have made another batch, which you can find listed in my etsy shop.




Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

6 comments:

  1. I love these and that little detail of the skull and crossbones speaks to your genius, Melanie. So special! It would be delight to go antiquing with you!
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these love letters Melanie! The other day, I saw some little metal envelope charms with tiny letters that went inside and was thinking something similar out of polymer clay would be cool. I like your take on the idea. The Skull and Crossbones is very sassy! Makes me think of a Poison Pen Letter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just adorable! I love them and also thing the necklace design is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice envelopes and keys hanging from the chain...I must say away from the birds and flowers this is a sweet retreat with new concepts and charms.

    ReplyDelete