February 17, 2011

Kelsey Museum of Archeology Sherds

 Today I had a unique opportunity to go to the University of Michigan Kelsey Museum of Archaeology and was able to handle old sherds of ancient Greek pottery.  My brother Jeremy took his ceramics class to view the collection and talk with a docent and Alex and I came along.  It was very educational and fun for the clay geek and antiques lover in me.  Here are some pictures of the sherds.  Tomorrow I will try to blog about some of the cool things we saw in the museum's collection



Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

2 comments:

  1. What a cool opportunity! I look forward to reading more about it tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AJ, these sherds were small and not part of the recorded collection, so we were able to put our grubby hands on them! It was cool!

    ReplyDelete