February 14, 2011

Earthenwood Design Team Update!

Time for an update on the Earthenwood Design Team members!  The heart pendants and matching links are starting to trickle out to my Design Team members and I am starting to see some of the things they are working on! 

Before she even received my beads in the mail, Lorelei Eurto posted this necklace on her Facebook wall, which happens to be made with one of the styles of hearts that I shipped out to team members.  So technically, this wasn't made with the beads I sent for the challenge, but I know she has been busy with traveling and stuff, so I grabbed the pic and wanted to share it with you, because it is such a lovely necklace, and the perfect sort of piece to show off on Valentine's Day.  She paired an Everlasting Heart pendant with some funky dangly chain and one of Gaea's heart beads.  I love it!


 Erin Siegel made this gorgeous necklace which she calls Lover's Locket using faceted black onyx and garnet beads with waxed linen to create a piece that is mysterious and just a little dark.  I love the asymmetry of it and how it is simple and yet complex at the same time!
Be sure to visit the blogs of the other team members to keep up with what they are working on:
 
Andrew Thornton
Gaea Cannaday
Denise Yezbak Moore
Erin Prais-Hintz 
Erin Siegel
Heather Powers
Lorelei Eurto
 Lori Anderson
Jean Yates
Marie Dodd 

I also want to congratulate Hilary of FryeStyle and AJ of ErtheFae are this month's honorary design team members!  Email me at earthenwood@gmail.com with your addresses and I will get your beadies out to you!

Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

4 comments:

  1. I think I feel my heart bulging....in a GOOD way!!
    Thank you Melanie! ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Can't wait to design with these components :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! I LOVE Lorelei's necklace! She did a fantastic job. I'm so glad you liked mine design, too! I really just love the heart lock pendant you sent. It was so fun to work with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. I love what Lorelei did with your piece. That red suede cord is just a fabulous addition to the piece. And Erin's Lover's Locket is so stunning in its simplicity. Well done, ladies!
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete