February 23, 2011

Bead Table Wednesday: Auntie's Beads Gemstone Beads

 It's another Bead Table Wednesday! This week I was able to spend some good quality time at my bead table. In addition to finishing my Bead Soup entry, I took some time to work with some of the great Gemstone beads that I received from Auntie's Beads.  Firstly, I made the necklace above with a lovely strand of *Rosequartz. Honestly, pink and pastels are really hard for me to work with, so it was a challenge.  But I remembered my new pink crackle glaze and I had an extra link and heart set, so I paired those up with the quartz.  I added in a pale wintery bird and owl by Humblebeads, and it all came together.  I felt like I was channeling Heather herself with the nest-like flourishes in the wire work on the bird and the owl.
I mentioned that I worked on my Bead Soup project and I will show you that on Saturday.  I used almost all of my soup ingredients in that piece, with the exception of a few things which made their way into the necklace above.  I used the golden leather cording and the wooden beads from my soup ingredients, which I mixed with more Gemstone beads from Auntie's Beads: an ornate rust colored *New Jade pendant and some faceted *Rhodonite nugget beads.  All these things came together with one of my resin clay Button Components and a C-Koop enamel clasp to make this casual necklace.
See more of today's entries in the Bead Table Wednesday Flickr group!

*FTC compliance disclosure: the '*' items mentioned in this post credited to Auntie's Beads were provided as a promotional gift for review or design purposes.

 
Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

1 comment:

  1. I love the Rosequartz necklace that you made! I love gray and pink together and this necklace sent me to bead heaven :) But I too find it very hard to work with pastels as all my favorite colors are dark hues!
    P.S:I chanced on your blog when I was searching through Bead Table Wednesday posts...

    ReplyDelete